RAMPART PRODUCTS, LLC – TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUPPLIERS
As a supplier to Rampart Products LLC (RP), you become a key contributor to the products and services that we deliver to our customers. We value the conformance of your products and services to our specifications and requirements, your contribution to our product’s safety, and your ethical business practices. If you provide a bid for this RFQ or upon acceptance of the purchase order, it is understood that your organization agrees to meet the following requirements.
These terms and conditions apply to all external suppliers and sub-tier suppliers who furnish products, processes, or services to be incorporated into Rampart Products’ contractually deliverable products.
1. Rampart Products requires that the supplier shall maintain the proper relevant technical data of the processes, products, and/or services provided. (e.g., identification and revision status specifications, drawings, process requirements, and work instructions)
2. When indicated on the Rampart Products purchase order, suppliers must use Rampart Products’ customer-approved special process sources.
3. Rampart Products reserves the right to final approval of products and services, methods, processes, equipment, and the final release of products and services.
4. Processes must be performed by qualified and competent persons.
5. Rampart Products reserves the right to specify the requirements for interaction with our Suppliers, including:
a) The use of interactive documentation
b) The use of email
c) Documented confirmation methods of all verbal interactions
6. Rampart Products reserves the right to monitor the Supplier’s performance.
7. Rampart Products reserves the right to designate requirements for verification or validation activities that our customer or we intend to perform at the Suppliers’ premises.
8. Rampart Products reserves the right to approve or specify any designs, tests, inspection plans, verifications, and criteria for design and development required by Rampart Products from a Supplier.
9. Rampart Products reserves the right to approve or specify any special requirements, critical items, or key characteristics.
10. Rampart Products reserves the right to approve or specify any test, inspection, and verification (including production process verification) to ensure that the purchased product/service meets requirements.
11. Rampart Products reserves the right to approve or specify the use of statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance.
12. To ensure product identification and traceability, Rampart Products will institute controls that include the requirement of Material Certificates, Certificates of Conformity, and/or other supporting documentation from its suppliers, as is appropriate. These requirements may be specified on Rampart Products’ RFQ, the purchase order, or may otherwise be communicated to the supplier.
13. Rampart Products reserves the right to require the need from the Supplier to:
a) Implement a Quality Management System, and we reserve the right to review and approve the Supplier’s Quality Management System.
b) Use customer-designated or approved Suppliers, including special process sources.
c) Immediately upon discovery of nonconforming products or services (e.g., all deviations from drawing/specification requirements), notify Rampart Products and obtain approval from Rampart Products’ Quality Manager for nonconforming product disposition.
d) Rampart Products requires that the Supplier have policies and procedures to identify potential counterfeit parts from suppliers. Seller shall immediately notify Rampart Products with the pertinent information if Supplier becomes aware of or suspects that counterfeit parts may have been used in a product delivered to Rampart Products. In the event that products delivered under this order constitute or include counterfeit parts, the Supplier shall, at its expense, promptly replace such counterfeit parts with genuine parts conforming to the requirements of this order. Notwithstanding any other provision in this order, Seller shall be liable for all costs relating to the removal and replacement of counterfeit parts.
e) The Supplier shall notify Rampart Products of any changes to products and/or processes, including changes of Suppliers or location of manufacture, that may affect conformance to specifications or requirements and to obtain approval from an authorized Rampart Products manager or designee prior to production.
f) Flow down to the supply chain all applicable regulatory and/or standards requirements enclosed with the PO, including customer requirements and key characteristics where required
g) Provide test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation, or auditing
h) Retain all records associated with the purchase orders for a minimum of 5 years or as required by contract, and have at our disposal such documents to be controlled.
Rampart Products reserves the right of access by Rampart Products’ authorized representatives, their customers, and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain, involved in the order and to all applicable records.
14. Rampart Products reserves the right to request evidence from the Supplier to ensure its employees are aware of the following:
a) Their contribution to product or service conformity
b) Their contribution to product safety
c) The importance of ethical behavior
15. Products sold to Rampart Products shall be free of Conflict Minerals (Gold, and Ores of Tine, Tungsten, and Tantalum) sourced from DRC and adjoining countries as described in the Dodd-Frank Act.